Random thoughts, Part 12. Albuquerque, New Mexico.
1. I'm thrilled that I have a husband willing to quickly respond to the killing of roaches when present.. I am not as thrilled that he insists on doing it with his bare hands. 😣
2. Studying for anesthesia boards the past few months made me feel like they wanted to finish taking every last little bit of joy away from me that was remaining after surviving two residencies. Thankful it is over for now.
3. I still cannot believe Donald Trump is the republican candidate for president of the United States.
4. This pregnancy has been blissfully uncomplicated compared to the first.. Already demonstrating the phenomenal second child trait of being Chill.
5. Oliver most certainly does not have the chill trait. He is a drama king of epic proportions.
6. After finishing with boards, it's time to rejoin life again. I can't seem to remember what sort of things I like to do, though..
7. My husband recently told me he feels like parenting is like taking an animal out of the wild and domesticating it..
8. Ironically, I have had remarkably similar feelings about marriage.
9. I recently discovered and executed the concept of "capsule wardrobe," and it is pretty awesome.
10. I just read about another new concept in which cannabis is imbedded in tampons to "help with menstrual cramping."
True story: http://m.gazette.com/cannabis- tampons-are-now-a-thing/ article/1582159
11. That type of story makes me grateful that I am no longer a family doctor in Seattle. Not my problem.
12. My new job is pretty awesome.
13. I guess 16 years after high school graduation isn't really THAT long to find a good job.
14. Too bad it's in the middle of the desert far from anyone I know.
15. I'm really excited to be able to give Oliver a sibling.
16. Siblings have been amongst the best gifts of my life.
17. I hope our kids will get to be as close to their awesome cousins as I was...
18. Watching the Olympics while pregnant made it even more emotional. I cried like a baby for all of the wins, the losses, the stories, and the medal ceremonies. Exhausting.
19. Every time I step into a hospital cafeteria, I make poor health choices.
20. I do much better when I get a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, like a toddler.
2. Studying for anesthesia boards the past few months made me feel like they wanted to finish taking every last little bit of joy away from me that was remaining after surviving two residencies. Thankful it is over for now.
3. I still cannot believe Donald Trump is the republican candidate for president of the United States.
4. This pregnancy has been blissfully uncomplicated compared to the first.. Already demonstrating the phenomenal second child trait of being Chill.
5. Oliver most certainly does not have the chill trait. He is a drama king of epic proportions.
6. After finishing with boards, it's time to rejoin life again. I can't seem to remember what sort of things I like to do, though..
7. My husband recently told me he feels like parenting is like taking an animal out of the wild and domesticating it..
8. Ironically, I have had remarkably similar feelings about marriage.
9. I recently discovered and executed the concept of "capsule wardrobe," and it is pretty awesome.
10. I just read about another new concept in which cannabis is imbedded in tampons to "help with menstrual cramping."
True story: http://m.gazette.com/cannabis-
11. That type of story makes me grateful that I am no longer a family doctor in Seattle. Not my problem.
12. My new job is pretty awesome.
13. I guess 16 years after high school graduation isn't really THAT long to find a good job.
14. Too bad it's in the middle of the desert far from anyone I know.
15. I'm really excited to be able to give Oliver a sibling.
16. Siblings have been amongst the best gifts of my life.
17. I hope our kids will get to be as close to their awesome cousins as I was...
18. Watching the Olympics while pregnant made it even more emotional. I cried like a baby for all of the wins, the losses, the stories, and the medal ceremonies. Exhausting.
19. Every time I step into a hospital cafeteria, I make poor health choices.
20. I do much better when I get a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, like a toddler.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
Jim Rohn.
Comments
Post a Comment