35 years on Earth
A few things I've come to accept in my first 35 years:
1. Toddler tantrums can and do destroy me at some point. There is no winning.
2. When my alarm is set for 430am, I should be in bed by 830pm.
3. Middle management equals Responsibility minus Power. And it's not really my thing.
4. Maybe the grass is not greener somewhere else. Maybe i just need to mow the lawn and smell the roses. Of course, that requires me to live somewhere with grass, which is not New Mexico.
5. Most places I have lived almost entirely lived up to my expectations. Except Utah. Ironically, Utah far exceeded my expectations.
6. My life has zero flex built into it at this point. If something happens to disrupt the schedule at any time during the week, I am completely screwed.
7. Thank god I married such a useful man.
8. Written boards 7/2016. 2 year old birthday 12/2016. New infant 1/2017. Oral boards 9/2017. Sigh. Tired.
9. Apparently, according to the pest man, our townhouse complex is infested with black widow spiders, so there's that fun fact.
10. Alcohol is not good for my mental health.
11. Exercise is essential for my mental health.
12. If my first breakfast is before 5am, I need a second breakfast before 11am.
13. Between stress, breastfeeding, pumping, studying, and poor posture; my rhomboids and traps are like giant tennis ball sized knots twisting my spine and neck around.
14. I need a massage stat.
15. If you are always living for the future, and the future is never now, what exactly are you living for anyway?
16. My 2yo son is way smarter than me. And he knows it, too.
17. Leadership is often not a role that I "earned," but rather a role I accepted when no one else was willing to take it. I've known this for a while, but the idea has really solidified in my mind over time. It's not an honor, it's another responsibility.
18. My petty woes are so inconsequential in the grand scheme.
19. The solar eclipse should act as a reminder and drive home the idea of my individual "smallness" that i often forget.
20. Homesick for family. Homesick for friends. Homesick.
1. Toddler tantrums can and do destroy me at some point. There is no winning.
2. When my alarm is set for 430am, I should be in bed by 830pm.
3. Middle management equals Responsibility minus Power. And it's not really my thing.
4. Maybe the grass is not greener somewhere else. Maybe i just need to mow the lawn and smell the roses. Of course, that requires me to live somewhere with grass, which is not New Mexico.
5. Most places I have lived almost entirely lived up to my expectations. Except Utah. Ironically, Utah far exceeded my expectations.
6. My life has zero flex built into it at this point. If something happens to disrupt the schedule at any time during the week, I am completely screwed.
7. Thank god I married such a useful man.
8. Written boards 7/2016. 2 year old birthday 12/2016. New infant 1/2017. Oral boards 9/2017. Sigh. Tired.
9. Apparently, according to the pest man, our townhouse complex is infested with black widow spiders, so there's that fun fact.
10. Alcohol is not good for my mental health.
11. Exercise is essential for my mental health.
12. If my first breakfast is before 5am, I need a second breakfast before 11am.
13. Between stress, breastfeeding, pumping, studying, and poor posture; my rhomboids and traps are like giant tennis ball sized knots twisting my spine and neck around.
14. I need a massage stat.
15. If you are always living for the future, and the future is never now, what exactly are you living for anyway?
16. My 2yo son is way smarter than me. And he knows it, too.
17. Leadership is often not a role that I "earned," but rather a role I accepted when no one else was willing to take it. I've known this for a while, but the idea has really solidified in my mind over time. It's not an honor, it's another responsibility.
18. My petty woes are so inconsequential in the grand scheme.
19. The solar eclipse should act as a reminder and drive home the idea of my individual "smallness" that i often forget.
20. Homesick for family. Homesick for friends. Homesick.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We worry and are full of anxiety. We think the world will demand an explanation. But in fact the world has already moved on, and forgotten us."
Jose Saramago
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, but a habit."
-yovadalife
"in an instant the mood in the room went from the joy of reunion to profound sadness, as if those two emotions were invariably linked"
-saved, but can't remember from where..
Comments
Post a Comment