UBF = WTF
I walked over to Utah's First Annual Beer Fest today.. This was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. The Utah Beer Fest was a congregation of a few hundred people, I'd say, all standing in line with little plastic 2oz cups! I'm not talking about a few people in line, I'm talking about snake-lines of hundreds of people! And they were all patiently waiting for little tiny shots of 3.2% beer! I started busting out laughing, which immediately got the attention of one of the 6 security guards lining the fence (to keep people from sneaking in..??), and he eyed me suspiciously.. Like I might be drunk, for example...
Anyway, I saw a few people I knew waiting in line with their tiny plastic shot glass cups aching for a refill, and I decided "Heck, I need to go experience Utah's Beer Fest if for no other reason than a sociologic novelty."
So I walk up to the ticket booth, and tickets were $35!!! I busted out laughing again, catching the eye of yet another suspicious security guard...
Then I notice a line through the price... with the words sketched out under it "Sold Out."...
Man, I sometimes wish New Orleans and Salt Lake City would get together for a one night stand just so SLC could learn what unbridled pleasure is all about... I just want to corrupt its pure little innocent soul so badly.. There is so much more to a festival than paying a lot of money to stand in retardedly long lines for a shot of weak-ass beer...
It made me feel like when you see a really fat person running, or hear a really tone deaf person singing...
Part of me wants to say, "Nice Try."
The other part of me wants to say, "Please stop it."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pleasure is wild and sweet. She likes purple flowers. She loves the sun and the wind and the night sky. She carries a silver bowl full of liquid moonlight. She has a cat named Midnight with stars on his paws. Many people mistrust Pleasure, and even more misunderstand her. For a long time I could barely stand to be in ...the same room with her...
- Ruth Gendler
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Innocence always calls mutely for protection when we would be so much wiser to guard ourselves against it: innocence is like a dumb leper who has lost his bell, wandering the world, meaning no harm.
-Graham Greene
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments
Post a Comment